Sunday, August 21, 2005

Adultery and -ers: La Shawn Barber grabs it, nails it, varnishes it, wraps duct tape around it, and buries it

I feel obliged to start by saying that the safest attitude for a redeemed sinner to have towards sin is that anyone is vulnerable to any temptation, no matter how repugnant it is today (Proverbs 16:18; 1 Corinthians 10:12).

Having said all that: adultery has always seemed particularly repulsive to me. It is treachery on so many levels. And I've always wondered what accomplices think about their adulterous partners: "He cheated on her, and now he'll be faithful to me"?

Well, I can't say it any better than the inimitable La Shawn Barber -- who, God love her, never leaves one wondering "So what's she trying to get at?" -- just did in Message for the ‘Ladies.’ She may not be very nice about it. Sometimes that's appropriate.

This would be one of those times.

No comments: