Friday, May 05, 2006

That Spurgeon and his imagery!

It's funny how I sometimes see things wrong at first glance.

I read Spurgeon's Morning and Evening every day. Today, I was a bit startled when the august preacher wrote,

He who is in a wilderness infested with rubber bands must handle matters wisely if he would journey safely.
When I tried to picture that, I thought a re-read was in order. Of course, that isn't what Spurgeon wrote at all. He actually wrote:
He who is in a wilderness infested with robber bands must handle matters wisely if he would journey safely.
Yeah, but... my way's funnier.

11 comments:

Kim said...

Rubber bands and the desert; quite a comical combination.

Anonymous said...

The hand's shadow makes a gecko on a surfboard....fascinating....!

Anonymous said...

Or is it the blessed virgin on the surfboard?...there could be money in this....not to mention all the new South American friends you could make.

DJP said...

LOL, Amy.

But it's clearly Gumby on a surfboard.

(c;

Gordon said...

This is funny. You gotta watch those rubber bands.

DJP said...

Especially in the wilderness!

Kay said...

Infested! I am infested, I tell you! A simple camping trip out into the wilds, and I am simply overcome by these confounded elastic strings! I shall heed this sage advice and try to remove them carefully, lest I get a nasty ping...

Anonymous said...

gumby...I a think I see that....perhaps mmmmm... a gumpy chef

Anonymous said...

Let's try again

a gumby...not a gumpy! What's a gumpy? but....anyway...I think I'll make use of that "preview" option and check my spelling. Not to mention why did I put an "a" between "I" and "think" I, amy, think... We all know that I don't think, so...

I believe it is a chef gumby.

DJP said...

Maybe a grumpy chef?

In related news, we all watched the President's State of the Union speech back in January. When the camera lit on Senatrix Hillary Clinton's glowring visage, my 6yos erupted in laughter and cried, "Mr. Grumpy Pants!"

Shrewd judge of character, that boy.

Anonymous said...

That's funny!