- Victor Davis Hanson has a devastating essay lamenting (and documenting) the end of journalism. I'll add an even sadder note, though: as in church, so in journalism. If people didn't enable it, things would change. We've seen even here, folks drop in and adamantly resist any line of information, facts, or reason contrary to the MSM meme. They'll take a post that contains documentation exploding an MSM-manufactured myth, and simply repeat the myth. These folks are complicit in journalism's demise.
- Related? Obama campaign kicks out reporters from outlets that did not endorse him. The Times itself reports.
- Andrew McCarthy has a lengthy and compelling scoff at the LA Times' claim of "ethics" in withholding the tape of Obama and the terrorists/terrorism supporters. He calls on the Times to release either a tape or a transcript. I think he lets them off far too easy. I'd never trust a transcript from the Times.
- Keep your eyes on the shiny watch. You are growing sleepy... sleepy... sleeeeepy.... And what does The Other Paper of Record find critical to report on, this Friday before election day? What did its tireless investigative reporters unearth? Did they locate Obama's drug-dealer? His birth-certificate? His academic records? The LAT video? No, no no. No, they find "growing doubts" about fitness to serve. Ah, at least that's about Obama, right? The man who has accomplished nothing, and written two books about it? The question-mark? The most liberal empty suit in the Senate? The man with genuinely frightening alliances? No again; what am I thinking? This is the MSM! This is The NY Times! Remember the meme! No, they write about "growing doubts" about the only person on this ticket with executive experience, whose accomplishments far dwarf Obama's nothings. But you read this blog! You already knew that, didn't you? Somehow, they claim to have found souls dim-witted enough to say, "Because I have doubts about the GOP #2 candidate, I will vote for the far LESS-qualified Donk candidate." Ah, behold govenment re-education camps at work.
- Obama tries to channel Tony Soprano; America's enemies snicker. The One vows, "We will finally finish the fight and snuff out Al Qaeda and bin Laden, those who killed 3,000 Americans on 9/11." Yes, of course. But, also of course, if he even tries, our enemies know in advance that it will be only if it isn't too hard, and if it doesn't take too long, and if it doesn't make him unpopular with the extreme left wing of the Democratic party.
- Charles Krauthammer lodges another powerful argument for McCain, and against Obama.
- Is McCain just Bush 3? Ezra Klein says "No." I say, "Duh."
- John Hawkins offers thirty reasons to vote for John McCain. Won't persuade trolls, but... what would?
Friday, October 31, 2008
Anything of interest going on, being said? Oh, yeah: