Regardless, I have several non-political posts ready to go. Look for at least one tomorrow, Lord willing.
HSAT: submit your guesses as to Ifill's questions of either candidate. Here are mine:
- Governor Palin, I have been raped by my father, and I'm told my child has two heads and can't live more than fifteen minutes after birth. What do you tell me?
- Senator Biden, what is the most outrageous lie the McCain campaign has told?
- Governor Palin, why do you think so many people find you uninformed, inexperienced, shallow, and unprepared?
- Senator Biden, what Bush administration disasters will be most difficult to undo?
- Governor Palin, of all the possible experienced and accomplished running mates available, what do you you think moved Senator McCain to pick you?
- Senator Biden, what will the Obama administration do to rebuild our ruined relationships with other nations?
- Governor Palin, would you feel comfortable knowing your son's life was in the hands of an inexperienced, untried, underqualified Commander in Chief?
- Senator Biden, why should women vote for Barack Obama?
- Governor Palin, are homosexuals going to Hell?
- Senator Biden, Bill Clinton was the most popular president since the Big Bang. What has Barack Obama learned from his example?
- Governor Palin, Dick Cheney was the most reviled vice-president since we climbed down out of the trees. How have you learned from his mistakes?
What are your guesses? Get them in before the debate starts! Doesn't count afterwards!
UPDATE: I also expect Ifill to do damage control. That is, if she — a complete Obama partisan — is still smarting over some of Palin's direct-hits, and if she thinks the other operatives haven't defused them enough, we may see something like this, asked with saccharine sweetness:
- "Governor Palin, you derided Barack Obama for being a community organizer, and not knowing what a mayor does. What does a community organizer do?"
- "Governor Palin, you derided Barack Obama for having written two books. What is the last book you read?"
- "Governor Palin, you derided Barack Obama for having written two memoirs but having authoried no major legismation. What major legislation has John McCain authored?"
- "Governor Palin, you derided Barack Obama for using the campaign as a voyage of self-discovery. America has been watching you fumble through your own self-discovery. What have you learned?"