- Former Senior aide to Ron Paul and Bob Barr supporter urges everyone to vote for McCain instead of Barr. The issues are too critical, the losses to liberty too immense, to risk enabling an Obama presidency by supporting a candidate who cannot win. (Hunh. Where have you heard that before?)
- Barack Obama is a novice, hasn't the political courage to do the right thing, and the existence of phone banks for Obama in Gaza is a huge political issue. The kicker? All that comes from a congressional Obama-supporter! (See further here, here, here, and here.)
- I continue in my one-way admiration for Justin Taylor. He had put up a video with John Piper's thoughts on the election. As I explained at length on that post's meta, I found Piper's remarks muddled and unhelpful. Piper was hand-wringy, and all over the place. It was very disappointing. That meta grew to 70 comments, and Justin closed it — which I don't remember his ever doing before. Today Justin has put up a post of his own interacting with the Piper video. Justin's post, I think, is absolutely brilliant, with no ifs, ands, buts, nor peradventures. Read it.
- Remember ol' O and his "righteous wind"? Interesting: turns out that phrase is found in Chairman Mao. There it's "the righteous wind of socialism." Thing that makes you say, "Hmmmm."
- I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just saying here's a guy who builds a case for a McCain/Palin landslide. I will say this: it is conceivable, and (to me) desirable.