- BREAKING NEWS! OBAMA VOTERS NOT THE BRIGHTEST! MSM TOTALLY FAILED! Yeah, okay, stop yawning and read about it here. I haven't had a chance to see the video yet, but I hear it's pretty amazing. I'd be interested to see a similar study of McCain voters. (More.)
- Land o' the free, home o' the brave? A private business is sued and coerced into accommodating sexual perversion. Not a happy nor a proud moment in our nation's history. Michelle Malkin adds some observations about this latest incident of "gay" bullying, judicial insanity, and tyranny by lawsuit. (And, to anticipate any catcalls: I'm fairly libertarian on the matter of business. If a business doesn't want to serve wordy middle-aged white guys who like Chicago, that's their affair.)
- I really don't recommend that you read this. I'd be tempted to invite commenter RT to do the honors, since I don't really think I could be sharply acerbic enough. It's a little screed by self-disgraced raised-pinkie elitist Kathleen Parker who, like a dog in a backyard, made her own mark by throwing a fit over unwashed rube Sarah Palin. Now Parker extrudes, in the most self-servingly and mawkishly martyred tones, the opinion that evangelicals are the real problem with the GOP.
- This anti-historical paint-thin idiocy surfaces periodically. Were I, God forbid, a slavishly-respected national "evangelical" leader — and were the issues not so important — I would be sorely tempted to pick a national election and say, "You know what? To all the 'moderates' who feel we're the real problem with the GOP? It's all yours, folks!" And then sit it out, en masse.
- But then I'd have to write a post about what an idiot I was, and how I should repent. Still... it might be worth it. If I thought it'd make a lasting point.
- Blogger's picture function isn't working; I'll try to add some cartoons later.
- Next week, Lord willing, I plan to build on this pair and take a look at the cry of, "Hey, Obama's just a Christian brother, don't be so hard on him!"
Friday, November 21, 2008
Now some variouses I've picked up: