- Make a horrid liberal idea even worse: "President Obama and Vice President Biden will strengthen federal hate crimes legislation, expand hate crimes protection by passing the Matthew Shepard Act...." Judges and juries become mind-readers and psychologists, rather than interpret and apply laws to actions. If A beats up B, some penalty applies. But if A beats up B because B is homosexual/whatever, and because A hates B, he gets punished worse. We're punishing thoughts, beliefs and emotions; and that requires godlike powers. But liberals are OK with that whole ye-shall-be-as-gods thing.
- Spend more money on criminals: "President Obama and Vice President Biden will provide job training, substance abuse and mental health counseling to ex-offenders, so that they are successfully re-integrated into society." Me, I like the Biblical idea of restitution better. It would pretty much prevent obscenities like THIS.
- More civil rights for particular sexual perversions: there is a whole section titled "Support for the LGBT Community." Innocent unborn children get nothing; people who commit themselves to embracing and living out one particular form of sexual perversion (so far!) get eight action-items!
- Forcing perverse morality on citizens: if Obama has his way, more people could either be forced to hire sorts they don’t want to hire – or to prove why they didn’t hire sexual perverts, even if that wasn’t a factor; they will be forced to subsidize sexual perversion they may find morally repulsive; perverted pairings (so far, only same-sex) will be married in every sense but the label, and society forced to accept their perversion;
citizens will be denied the option of amendingattempts to amend the constitution explicitly to protect the definition of marriage (and citizens' right not to be forced to redefine it) will be opposed; force the military to accept sexual perverts of (so far) one particular kind; and expose parentless children to being thrust into destructive and immoral situations.
- Some repercussions: more people considering starting or expanding a business will think, "Forget it. I wanted to run a business, not have Barack Obama run a business off my hard work." More people considering a career in the military will say, "Forget it." More parents will counsel their children considering entering the military, "Forget it." And that may eventually mean Obama will have to revive the draft, and force people into the military — though he'll doubtless find a way to blame it on Bush.
- In the name of being for honest, decent, hardworking Americans, Obama plans to make life far harder for honest, decent, hardworking Americans.
- We should pray for our President — that he fail in these endeavors.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
According to the White House's civil rights agenda page: