- Let's start with something touching, thanks to tips from Rachael Starke and Carlo. Remember this picture?
Of course you do. Who could forget? Pro-abort's nightmare; Obama and Obama-voter's bloodstained conscience, right there in shades of red. It was made into a very touching, startling scene from House, MD. Well, that little baby is now a little nine-year-old boy named Samuel Armas. In fact, he's a Boy Scout.
Read more about Samuel here. The original incident, which occurred during a pre-natal surgery, converted the photographer from a pro-abort position to being pro-life. Of the picture, Samuel says "It's very important to me. A lot of babies would've lost their lives if that didn't happen." But too many still do, and Samuel is living under the presidency of a man who would have seen him as disposable by any means, and for any or no reason at all, thanks to morally-dead voters.
- And now, on that subject: Obama-voters, this blood's for you. Yes, I'm afraid it's another Bloody Hands Update. Your president, with your help, is going to force more taxpayers to be complicit in the slaughter of the innocent in Washington, DC. Worse? Pro-aborts aren't happy, because he's not making enough taxpayers complicit in enough innocent deaths. Romans 1:18 and following, in overabundance.
- I guess this could be a How Many Kinds of Idiot Can You Be at One Time? alert. Guy enrolls at a Christian college... then (A) stars in homosexual pornography, (B) gets suspended for it when caught, (C) appeals his suspension, and (sing it with me) (D) may sue! In a sane society, no lawyer would take the case, and a judge would fine him for filing, after rejecting it. Oh, and (E) he says he did it to pay for tuition — at the (hel-lo?) Christian college. Oh, and he (F) says he "never considered" that they would kick him out for it. Gee, maybe he should just have been nexpelled for being hopelessly stupid. Oh wait - some reports say he's withdrawn. Sigh. Whatever. (Thanks, Aaron, for the tip.)
- Titles of the Week. Actually, we have three. First: Odd title of the week: California promises help for Southeast Asians with gambling problem. Are you a Southwestern Asian with a gambling problem? Sorry. Can't help you. South-by-southeastern Asian? Nope. Anyone else? No, sorry, move along. Next: Most "Sounds a Bit Extreme" title of the week: Nuclear bomb tests help to identify fake whisky. Wow. I would think any Scottish guy would do it for free, without all the noise and devastation and all. Then there's the Uh, Yeah, Nice Goal title of the week: How to Meet New People Without Being Creepy.
- Now, this is what I call a business card you can sink your teeth into:
- And now, specially for my Josiah and for Julie's boys: all the Lego Star Wars minifigs in history! Think that's cool? How about this Lego minifig timeline?
- Important Safety Tip for lady BibChr hunters: never, never knock the mud off your shoes like this:
- Astonishing piece of surgery. Poor woman's face was basically shotgunned off by her husband. Surgeon's have done almost a complete-face transplant. Blood flows, and they expect the nerves to regrow — which I thought never happened.
- In another amazing surgery, a man who'd lost both his hands to infection has had a double-transplant. I couldn't find any article that answered my question: is he likely to get feeling and movement? The article I linked said they attached "tendons, nerves and muscles." If he can feel with his hands, and move them... wow. Astonishing.
- On the other hand (no pun intended): Uhh, I don't think so.
- Sweet rumor for us potential iPhone users: AT&T may cut the price of the service plan a bit when they release the new phone. It would assure their dominance. But it's just a rumor.
- And then there's this, which is The Thing made out of Rice Krispy treat.
- The perennial question is: does Hollywood attract sexually-perverse people, or does it make people sexually-perverse? (Not to mention low-grade morons.) Which the chicken, which the egg? So as yet another entry from The TMI File, we are told that one-half of the Wachowski team (creators of the Matrix trilogy) is now walking around dressed as a woman. Sigh.
- And now, these: