Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

In America, today is Veteran's Day, the day we honor the men and women willing to lay down their lives for our rights and freedoms. I characteristically thank those I know who have served our country in its military.

To all my readers who have served, who stood ready to give that last full measure of devotion, from the Phillips family's heart: thank you for being the "sword" that keeps down the forces of lawless violence.



If you would like to do more than just say "thank you," one good work is Soldiers' Angels.

4 comments:

Rick Potter said...

Very moving video. Reminds me too of the ones who went before us on the spiritual battlefield who fought hard for truth and liberty. May we honor both.

CR said...

Sorry, if I knew you were going to do something like this, I would have mentioned this sooner, but Applebees is offering free entrees to active duty service men and veterans today on Veteran's Day.

Happy Veterans Day to our veterans.

VcdeChagn said...

Thanks. I was fortunate enough to serve between skirmishes. My squadron (I was an avionics tech in the USMC..so had a birthday yesterday as well) was involved in Granada in 1983 and Desert Storm I in 1990.

I served from 1985-1989.

I want to thank all those who have actually had to wave the pointy edge of the stick at our enemies. You have endured far more than I.

JackW said...

"Armistice Day
Armistice Day
That's all I really wanted to say."