Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday music: two by Fredrik Larsson

YouTube features a number of videos by this talented young man named Fredrik Larsson. He uses "FreddeGredde" as his name, and is a 24 year old self-taught musician from Sweden. Larsson clearly plays (at minimum) guitar, keyboard, accordion, pipe, and drinking glasses.

The first video isn't the greatest technically, but I really enjoy the tune... even though it's apparently from a video game! It is called "Wind Waker - Unplugged."



The second is a medley of theme songs from 22 TV shows (of which I've ever seen even one full episode of... about six.



If you've time to kill, I'll give an "honorable mention" to an ambitious self-composed number titled "Beside Me," in which once again Larsson plays all the instruments, except drums.

6 comments:

Al said...

wow... I watch too much TV...

Gregg Metcalf said...

According to the rules I need to link to the person who nominated me for this award (done), share seven interesting things about myself, and nominate seven other beautiful bloggers.

6. Dan at Biblical Christianity - his posts are wild, make me laugh, think, and say hmmmm.


In the words of Lee at Tossing it Out; I quote: "Hope everyone will drop by and give these bloggers a word of encouragement. And you award winners: relish it, display it proudly if you want to, and pass it on to some others if you want to take the time to recognize bloggers whom you appreciate."

Trinian said...

"even though it's from a video game" You know, in my own opinion, video games are where the good classical-style composers have gone. Start Googling Yasonori Mitsuda or Nobuo Uematsu. Men like these are why I buy soundtracks and sheet music for games I already own.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

A video game?

Weird.

He seemed to have a Christmas theme going. I like the song :D

VcdeChagn said...

Five...my count was five

Simpsons (Smart..usually..but irreverent)

Big Love (once...it was on before we got rid of our TV and like a Train wreck)

Cheers(funny...mindless..but funny)

Fresh Prince (always liked Will Smith)

Friends (got sucked in for a few episodes but never really liked the show)

Very talented. The whole split screen thing in the TV episode video was nifty..of course I'm about stuck in 2003 for my video editing skills.

trogdor said...

Sadly, I've watched about 14 of them. And the song reminded me of a favorite running gag on one of the shows, Scrubs.