Friday, August 10, 2012

Changing tactics, this-blogically

It occurred to me, during my Bible reading (not for the first time) that, given the delightful changes fulltime pastoring has brought to my life, I need to adjust my aims in blogging.

I had only created posts if I had an idea I could develop into a longer, full-orbed post. That's still my aim for the Pyro posts in general.

But I'm realizing that I can use this blog for briefer, more pointed thoughts — thoughts too long to Tweet and too short to Pyrotize.

So I plan to do that.

Keep posted.

(No pun intended.)


Scott Welch (formerly Scooter) said...

Does this mean two mini-H&T a week? Dare I hope for three?!



DJP said...

Yes, except for IN NO WAY.

Terry Rayburn said...

No Dan, I can't buy "no pun intended". You have never written ANYTHING unintended. Confess :)

Seriously, I think your idea is a good one.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

While cheering you on, for the changes FT pastoring has brought, I miss the more frequent posting... I still check in every day.

Julie G

DJP said...

I really appreciate that, Julie. I'll start rewarding your faithfulness better.


JackW said...

You mean eclecticism doesn't cover that too?

Susan said...

Or you can do installments like you do on Pyro, except shorter ones??

Matt McGrew said...

I love that you called them "delightful" changes. As difficult as it is for us, your insistence on giving your church priority is probably a good thing in light of Phillips' Axiom #5

DJP said...

LOL. Well-played, sir. And they are delightful. I have never been happier.

Pierre Saikaley said...

Like Bruce Lee's one-inch punch-less can be more. Looking forward.