(Stepping back.) Okay, let's see... yes, yes that should be just about enough whining for the moment.
So I apologize profusely to the cat (after I chase him down; after all, for all he knows, I've finally snapped and am trying to kill him), make sure he's okay, walk more carefully, pray, and try to look up.
Towards that latter end, here's a (mostly-dead-serious) list of things I'm thankful for:
- God's immutable character and commitment to keep His good and bright promises to me in Christ
- The fact that #1 depends entirely on Him, and not one bit on me, no matter what a hopeless, clueless loser I am in myself; that Jesus is my Savior, not my co-redeemer; that He elected me, He didn't co-sign for me
- I have a spectacularly capable wife
- I have terrific children
- Great sermon in church yesterday by Pastor Andrews
- Then there are the kitties
- I have my health -- not bad for an old guy
- Bill Clinton still isn't president anymore
- Algore and Kerry never were
- I have a good job, terrific manager
- I work inside, in an air-conditioned building
- I don't ever have to make pedobaptism or amillennialism make Biblical sense to anybody!
- There still is, on average, only one Monday per week
- I have an opportunity to speak to people I'll never meet this side of eternity, both here and at Pyromaniacs
- I'm associated with excellent people, in my family, at Pyro, and at work