But here's something you need to turn your attention to right away, or regret it forever.
Everyone will be telling you that you'd better bone up on the names of foreign dignitaries, the details of foreign treaties, the detailed history of Upper and Lower Pottsylvania....
Bosh. The MSM will not want to understand you, they will not want to know you. They'll want to shame and destroy you.
And they will ask you questions with no other goal than that one shared objective. They will not care that you are young, or pretty, or accomplished, or your own woman — except insofar as they can leverage those factors against you.
They want to see you groveling, shamed and humiliated and booed from the national stage forever.
I will tell you some of the questions you need to be prepared to answer right now.
- "Do you think women should be pastors?"
- "Why can a woman be a president, but not a pastor?"
- "Do you think wives should submit to their husbands?"
- "Do you obey your husband in all things as to the Lord?"
- "Do you hit your children?"
- "Do you believe in evolution?"
- "Do you believe the world was created in six days, 6000 years ago?"
- "Will everyone who doesn't believe in Jesus go to Hell?"
- "Do you think the Bible is the literal Word of God?"
- "Do you think schools should be forced to teach creationism and the Bible?"
- "Do you believe in homeschooling?"
- "You chose to have your Down syndrome child. Should all women be forced to do what you chose to do?"
- "Are Roman Catholics going to Hell?"
- "Are Mormons going to Hell?"
- "Is John McCain going to Hell?"
- "Is your Down syndrome child a sinner, going to Hell if he doesn't become a bornagainChristian?"
- "Do you speak in tongues?"
And then you need to know when to tell them to shut up and move on to something of substance.
If you want my wife's and my advice as to how to handle it all, I'm in the phonebook.
(Okay, that last part was a laugh. The rest was serious.)
UPDATE II: I have begun my suggestions as to how Palin can respond, here. They are concluded here.