I also worked a bit on gathering Proverbs-book endorsers. Also endorsed a good little book from Cruciform Press myself: But God, by Casey Lute. Check out the Facebook page, and the book's page.
New policy: to save space, instead of trying to come up with creative ways to say "thanks to ___ for the link," I'll just credit linkers bold in parentheses. Thus: "blah blah blah. (thx Rubeus Hagrid)"
It being Good Friday, this may be a bit smallish, but should still grow until noon PT. I plan to put up another post more appropriate to the day at noon, PT.
- Relative to The Giants of Blogdom, this is not a large blog... but I like to think it's effective. Like this crossbow!
- Parents: you remember when the doctors told you there was no pill to stall puberty a bit? They lied! Tempting to say it ought to be put in all the water in America... though certainly not for the reasons the article cites.
- Dang, good thing I was a kid while it was still legal. They later backed off for now... but they'll be back. (ths Aaron)
- At least scan this article, then entertain these two thoughts: (A) isn't that just like people?; and (B) does it make sense for anyone believing in evolution to strive for the preservation of this as a living language?
- "No Duh" Alert: all you have to do is read the title.
- So here's a Christianoid pastor-type who's unclear on clear things, and will "unfriend" you if you don't share his muddle. And he apparently has a defective Bible, lacking mark 14:21 and John 17:12. (thx Robert Sakovich)
- The movie Thor — whose earlier trailers looked uncomfortably like Flash Gordon, which is a very bad thing — has a pretty funny spot spoofing off of the Darth Vader Kid Super Bowl ad.
- Reader Aaron wants you to know that, if you have spare coin rolling around, you could contribute to the construction of a fully-functional AT-AT Walker.
- Ark Burger — two of every animal. On a bun. I want one.
- And after lunch? (thx Laura Kelleher)
- Oh, wait. No you can't. Thanks, George.
- Al thinks this shifts into breathtaking at about 1:00. OK. I wonder how sure they were that no one was in the path of the avalanche, or whether they were just selfish jerks, like a lot of extreme sports types seem to be.
- Hunh. Evidently any ignorant tube can write a book about "God."
- Say... what are you looking at?
- Anyway, the link was from Robert Sakovich.
- Massachusetts taxpayer money going to advocate and simplify abortion access to young girls. (thx Robert Sakovich) More here. (thx Gil Sebenste)
- Cigar-smoker rights: I'm for dem. Apparently I'm sort of a Christian Republitarian.
- Trogdor has some proposals for addressing tax and budget malpractice and, as usual, he's right.
- From Joel Griffith, Denny's Baconalia. Borderline disturbing.
- Ever wonder why the emerg* movement is not big in regions ruled by "the Religion of Peace"? Do you? I don't.
- Perhaps only for Kay, but: 47 years of Dr. Who reviewed in 6 minutes.
- While I'm addressing my various constituencies here's one that Christopher Paolini fans (including my family) will care about: the fourth book of the Inheritance cycle (Eragon) finally has a title and a release date. The title is Inheritance, and the release date is November 8, 2011.
- Normally our family Game Night is first Sunday in the month. But this month has been so full, it may just get postponed until next month!
- Now these: