So, more to come on that. But this is what I have. I do expect it will grow until noon PT, so keep checking.
First, a little something to make your countryside drive this weekend more thrill-packed:
- Advice to Rick Santorum: now that you're doing well, Romney will focus on you in the next debate. Want a devastating response? Here it is: "Well, Governor, thanks for noticing me, and thanks for the welcome to the big leagues. But since I'm running for the presidency, let me target my response at your ideological twin, President Obama." Pause for laughter and applause.
- No charge. You're welcome.
- Not a live performance, so nothing to see: maybe you want to play John Michael Talbot's musical version of Psalm 51 in the background as you read. (Thx Christopher Carney; as always, linking doesn't constitute endorsement of the musician.)
- Um... squirreling tones? (Thx Sonja)
- Ladies and gentlemen... the Jack in the Box bacon milkshake. (Thx Julie)
- Robert Sakovich found some uniquely yummy donuts. (Warning: some other names play on the border of good taste.)
- Robert also noted a clever, if depressing, video illustrating the national debt and politician's fecklessness.
- Yes, the misspelling really bothers me, but you've got to love it:
- Matt Klienhans notes that the president of Syria is not exactly a security super-genius. (Important Safety Tip)
- Atheists and jellobrains keep crying "theocracy." I don't think that word means what they think it means. (Or: does anybody really think that what Saudi Arabia most needs is merely democracy as a political system?)
- Huckabee: I've never been a fan. And while I understand his point, this cutesy but Gospel-ly tone-deaf remark doesn't raise him much in my estimation.
- There is word of one of the most amazing NT manuscript finds: part of the Gospel of Mark dating from the first century. (thx Angus Nicholson)
- Our cats have been an issue lately. They keep fighting; one in particular seems to be at the center of it. Maybe this?
- Maybe not.
- With Rick Santorum as this week's non-Mitt, CNN gives 10 reasons why religious conservatives like him. (Sakovich)
- George Lucas wants to settle the abiding critical issue of all time (for SW hardcore geeks). Now drop it! (He says.)
- According To The Experts: Into perversion? Perfectly normal. Shy? Grieving? You're crazy!
- Ahh, where would we be without The Experts?
- There simply isn't anything funny about Alzheimer's or cancer, both dreadful scourges in their own ways. But when you read that an experimental cancer drug reverses Alzheimers in mice... it's impossible not to wonder: how can they tell?
- Chris Carney is right: this is a manly man in the best sense of the word, from what we know. He is one pole on the continuum along which Ted Kennedy is the other.
- You know, I'm sorry, but... anyone who voted for Barack Obama, and now takes the pose that he is shocked, shocked to learn that Obama is a pro-abort extremist, is kind of an id10t.
- ...and what the opening image did for your country drive, this may do for your snowmobiling:
- Which leaves: