Monday, October 08, 2012

Monday music - "Gotta Serve Somebody," with Phil Keaggy and Paul Clark

In yesterday's sermon I alluded to Dylan's "Gotta Serve Somebody." Love Dylan or not-love him, it's a song with memorable, pointed lyrics.

Citing the song gave me the idea of posting the song here... but that brought me face to face with my not loving Bob Dylan much. (Just remember the nightmares caused by this post.)

Problem solved! I found this vid of the great Phil Keaggy serving the song up, as Paul Clark "does Dylan." Here y'go.

2 comments:

The Blainemonster said...

Ahhh the Keagster. He's the only famous person I've ever met (except I did meet Richard Kiel, but beyond that, I don't remember meeting any other famous people) and I love how he plays so many churches and small venues. And he's prolific as all get out. Anyway, great number!

lee n. field said...

That sent me off looking for a different Dylan piece from that same album.

Here's one you'd probably like:
When He Returns, John Lee Sanders, from the CD, "the Gospel Sessions"
. Piano and vocal. Enjoy.