Monday, May 06, 2013

Monday Music - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," Eva Cassidy

Is it possible to have anything new to "say" about this old song? Turns out: yes.

It was a Facebook note from Candy Webb that led me to this, as I'd never heard of Cassidy. The story of her death is one of those that feeds my ever-burning "worry" fire.


Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh, Dan, that was a lovely start to the morning :D

But what a sad, sad story. We have a friend from church - a father of five - that let a melanoma go. He's well right now, but sort of waiting for the other show to drop and praying it doesn't.

I hate cancer.


DJP said...

Right there with you, sister. Lost my dear father to it. Hate it like it was a person.

candy said...

and then there is the version we had as our wedding song. Another artist who passed away.

Fred Wolfe said...

You will find this version done before. Leona Lewis:

jmb said...

Earlier today, my brother recommended that I watch this video. Thanks.

Another wonderful singer who had an untimely death was Nancy Lamott.

ali said...


I noticed how sad her eyes looked.