Tiller viewed himself as a heroic figure. He was not.
The abortionist was murdered in church yesterday, by a gunman. Not much is known about the man who has been taken into custody.
My thoughts are brief.
- There is no excuse for elective abortion.
- What Tiller did was wrong.
- There is no excuse for murder.
- What the murderer did was wrong, and he should be put to death.
- What Tiller did should have been illegal, but wasn't.
- Tiller needed the Gospel, not a gun.
- The forces of death will capitalize on this, no matter who or what the murderer was.
So the man who had no respect for human life is murdered by a person who had no respect for his life. While one can see a Biblical irony to it, that fact does not provide moral "cover" for the murderer.
Mohler asks: "will we condemn this murder in unqualified terms?"
NOTE: I will exercise an unusually heavy hand of censorship in the meta, and will close it down if necessary. Most of you — all my regulars — don't need to hear that. This is for anyone who does need to hear it.UPDATE: I have not yet found a fuller reporting of it, but Tiller was excommunicated by his former church for refusing to repent of his sin. Unsurprisingly, that was a Missouri Synod church; his most recent church was the more liberal ELCA.